Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, your knees wobbled...

...on the trainasium did they?

"We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: So, your knees wobbled...

Pah,softies!Dave wouldn't have bothered with those poofy safety straps,just held on with one hand while passing the bits up with the other,and sipping a cup of tea dangling on a string from above!

Comment

Thats nothing. Can't wait to see this bloke climb El Capitan with no ropes. He really is a nutter, they did scans and found he had a different brain than yer normal person.

From award-winning documentary filmmaker E. Chai Vasarhelyi and world-renowned photographer and mountaineer Jimmy Chin, comes FREE SOLO, a stunning, intimate...
      I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

He is a nutter. Got a mate a bit like that was in 29 Cmdo. Took me up a quarry once in Leicestershire. Up until that day I always thought what any other man could do I could also do. That notion went out the window that day.
        Last edited by trubrit2411; 20 January 2019, 15:41.
        "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
        Me

Comment

As for the scaffolding four blokes could pull that up hand over hand.

I have seen 'em though, Down in Acapulco, hanging ten to fifteen stories up sitting on a piece of 4 x 2 tied to a rope out the widows, plastering the outside of a hotel. A bucket and a ladle and a hand hawk and a trowel. Their mates lowering a new bucket down. I asked where the scaffolding was. Who took it down ? "Ain't none", he sez. "They do it all from the inside" Back then they would probably be on $3 a day.
          Last edited by trubrit2411; 20 January 2019, 20:41.
          Me

Comment

I was a bus guard in the early sixties when I arrived at the town centre bus stop I sa w some mates working on demolishing a mill chimney they shouted down saying I would not have the nerve to give them a bus ticket so ticket machine and me went up the ladder and gave them two tickets when I got down a ticket inspector was waiting I got two days suspension for it and a twitchy arse

Comment

Certainly arse half a crown sixpence stuff that. Don't mind heights as long as I've got a parachute !
              Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

So you were a clippy Pete,I bet you looked lovely in that skirt!

Comment

if you come to America you must visit Yosemite it is a magical place in summer or winter. put it on yer bucket list.
                  shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Deffo some dodgy jobs in the roofing game, especially befoor Elf n Safety days in the late 70s. Church roofs cud be a bastard, steep pitch n massive distance ta reach the ridge n when using a ladder and old wooden block end roof ladder hoping ta fukk that the gutter wunt give way when tha stepped on ta the roof, point of no return! Job not without its lighter moments tho, like when felting a garage roof using hot bitumen n the lady of the gaff had returned from the dog groomers with her fluffy white Poodle. Poor doggy made it,s way ta the garage n fell asleep just as I wuz pouring boiling bitumen with drips seeping thru the cracks in the timber decking n left a big fukk off black stripe all the way down Fidos back, rare looking breed indeed! Lady of the house was,nt best pleased! Another one with an Airborne connection was when subbin fer a firm duin work fer the National Trust at the WW11 Depot, Hardwick Hall. Big fukk off Tudor Mansion wi big stone initials of E S over the front elevation. Just climbed down the ladder when a couple o Jap tourists were passing. Geezer looking like a Kamikaze approached n asked, "Wo E. S. stan for?" so fer a laff I replied, "English Steel." Ah so!" eee replied n wrote it down in iz little notebook n fukked off jabberin away to iz mate Emperor Hirohito. Wonder ow long it took em ta find out that I wuz tekkin the piss n shudda teld em "Elizabeth Of Shrewsbury".

Comment

You would make a good Beefeater Dave....... make a good Beefeater cry !
                      Me

Comment

Deffo mek the "Trouble" cry Tone!

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
                          As for the scaffolding four blokes could pull that up hand over hand.

I have seen 'em though, Down in Acapulco, hanging ten to fifteen stories up sitting on a piece of 4 x 2 tied to a rope out the widows, plastering the outside of a hotel. A bucket and a ladle and a hand hawk and a trowel. Their mates lowering a new bucket down. I asked where the scaffolding was. Who took it down ? "Ain't none", he sez. "They do it all from the inside" Back then they would probably be on $3 a day.
                          remember when you used to fly into Hong Kong, all those skyscrapers with bamboo scaffolding around them. Looked like a gust of wind and they'd fall down.
                          I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Now for Steves https://www.facebook.com/NeBunelu/vi...8895995148301/

Comment

As a youngster I used to watch Buster Keaton - now that man's stunts will make you sweat
                              Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

Working...
                              X