Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey hey...

...we're the

"We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: Hey hey...

Hey, Hey, were the Monkeys. Wonder what happened to that bunch Don, Are they still about ?
    Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

I think Dolenz is the only one still alive, Bob.

Comment

My missus as always been a fan and she reckons they are all alive except, Davy Jones , he died a few years 5 years back.
        I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

They used to have a series on TV early sixties, when we all had black and white TVs from Radio Rentals. Wonder what todays kids would make of that a Telly on rental !
          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

On fukkface book owd Jock Love once purra Youtube clip on o 4 Para Reg lads singin as a group on Opportunity Knocks n called theresens "Airborne" sometime in the early 70s. Az anybody else seen it? They were tarted up wi the 70s look, Lionel Blairs n I presume longish wigs, I remember after seein it I remarked, "Fukkin ell! If they,d av come inta the owd NAAFI club back in the day lookin like that, tha wunt know whether ta fukk or feight em!

Comment

I remember them. They were good too. Wrong name though I think. They should have had a name dopey Civvy kids could relate to.... Like The Rolling Zeppelins. ....or Led Slade. Same with the Monkees. Who the fook would call themselves The Monkees ?
              Last edited by trubrit2411; 5 January 2019, 23:12.
              "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
              Me

Comment

Well,The Monkees did!!!

Comment

No they did not name themselves Pat. They were not a band of young kids that got together. They were a manufactured entity that were auditioned and picked out of hundreds of musically inclined actors for a 30 minute sitcom.The name of that was "The Monkees" They were never a band in the usual sense. It was not about music at first. It was about acting. They were supposed to be trying to emulate the Beatles..... and failing. That was the comedy theme. Then they caught on and went on tour.
                  Last edited by trubrit2411; 6 January 2019, 13:23.
                  Me

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                    On fukkface book owd Jock Love once purra Youtube clip on o 4 Para Reg lads singin as a group on Opportunity Knocks n called theresens "Airborne" sometime in the early 70s. Az anybody else seen it? They were tarted up wi the 70s look, Lionel Blairs n I presume longish wigs, I remember after seein it I remarked, "Fukkin ell! If they,d av come inta the owd NAAFI club back in the day lookin like that, tha wunt know whether ta fukk or feight em!

Comment

Def mortars.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenfrank View Post
                        My missus as always been a fan and she reckons they are all alive except, Davy Jones , he died a few years 5 years back.
                        My report of their demise was greatly exaggerated, you're missus is correct Steve.

Comment

Fukkin ell I wudda auditioned fer that group but wudda needed a box ta stand on ta reach the fukkin microphone!

Comment

Anybody remember them Airborne blokes when they was in ?
                            Me

Comment

ThankfullyNO!

Comment

Working...
                              X