Active Skydiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Active Skydiving

Hey Scotty, Working seven days a week mate. Could not make it up to Elsinore. Gonna have to do it next time around. I ain't master of me own destiny right now. Caught between the Yankee Dollar and a woman with aberration of the brain and more money than sense.
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
      Hey Scotty, Working seven days a week mate. Could not make it up to Elsinore. Gonna have to do it next time around. I ain't master of me own destiny right now. Caught between the Yankee Dollar and a woman with aberration of the brain and more money than sense.
      Tone we will go done together next year for a few days maybe to a tandem or two. and Scotty have a happy Christmas and a safe and prosperous new year to you and yours, aye billy.
      t
      shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
        No probs Tony. I understand real life gets in the way. I had planned 3 days off at the end to get up to see Billy but as soon as I opened the trip I was flooded with folks so no time off. We had 20 in the group this time so luckily I had some good instructors assisting.

Very best to you, Billy and all the ex airborne guys out there, planning for Apr next trip.
        Scotty Milne
        activeskydiving@gmail.com
        www.activeskydiving.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Skydivescotty View Post
          No probs Tony. I understand real life gets in the way. I had planned 3 days off at the end to get up to see Billy but as soon as I opened the trip I was flooded with folks so no time off. We had 20 in the group this time so luckily I had some good instructors assisting.

Very best to you, Billy and all the ex airborne guys out there, planning for Apr next trip.
          Scotty, do you ever run in to a couple of former 1 Para MMG's, Ken Potter and Charlie Fitzpatrick, they will be getting on now but I understand got around the globe quite a bit on free fall?

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
            Scotty, do you ever run in to a couple of former 1 Para MMG's, Ken Potter and Charlie Fitzpatrick, they will be getting on now but I understand got around the globe quite a bit on free fall?
            Ken Potter is not a name I recognise but knew Charlie Fitzpatrick, sadly he passed away last year beaten after a long fight against the big C!
            Scotty Milne

Comment

Scotty ,Just noticed your name is Milne,as I said in an earlier post ,used to skydive in early 60,s wi Jimmy Milne ,2 Para n also frae Perthshire,any relation?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydivescotty View Post
                Ken Potter is not a name I recognise but knew Charlie Fitzpatrick, sadly he passed away last year beaten after a long fight against the big C!
                Thanks Scotty, Very sad to hear about Charlie Fitzpatrick (Fitz) a quiet lad, never up for aggro, pulled his weight around the guns. Not a way any of us want to go but sounds as though he fought for as long as he could. Odd, was just thinking about him a few days ago. RIP Charlie.

Comment

Originally posted by jim scott View Post
                  Scotty ,Just noticed your name is Milne,as I said in an earlier post ,used to skydive in early 60,s wi Jimmy Milne ,2 Para n also frae Perthshire,any relation?
                  No mate I don't know Jimmy, I went to 1 Para in 69 and didn't know any other Milne in the Reg till well after that. ☹️
                  Scotty Milne

Comment

Seems they train in the US better weather than Weston on the Green

Comment

Originally posted by jackw102 View Post
                      Seems they train in the US better weather than Weston on the Green

Not just the weather Jack. I was a Training Flight Sgt PJI at Brize when 22 and others did their HALO courses. At the end of each course lads from 22 would come up to Brize to do the last few descents with the newly qualified blokes. Was crossing the aircraft mock up at the Parachute school and heard one of the blokes from Hereford practically telling the blokes on the HALO course to almost ignore all that they had been taught on the course. I pulled to guy out and took him to one side for a word, along the lines of WTF? He explained some 'differences between training and operations to which i said 'well why the f**k do you not tell the RAF OC Free Fall about where the training is not meeting operational reality. he said they were sick of telling them but the RAF were more interested in the officer pecking order than training needs. I told the RAF set up that they were in danger of losing the free fall training role, if they did not meet operational needs better. I learnt years later that 22 had had enough and simply walked. So not just weather Jack, but stupidity.

Comment

Thanks Ron, we would watch the free fall practicing in the hanger while sweeping up back in the 60's

Comment

Working...
                        X