WWII Battledress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WWII Battledress

Nah,Trolls are taller,he's a dwarf,no doubt about it!

Comment

Ok shorty

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
        Anyone remember Ptes Bacon and Quick 1 Para? There was an armoury next door to the Bn barbers shop, Bacon and quick in charge. They were f***in about with a loaded Sten one afternoon and let a full mag go through the barbers shop (wooden) wall. 9 blokes sat in there, including CSM Support Coy, not a one was scratched. CSM Sp Coy was a c**t and they missed. Barber came to work rest of week with a f***in helmet on.
        After Paddy The Chop ad finished givin me iz version o the Tony Curtis Ron, the owd battle bowler wuz a fukkin big improvement!

Comment

Couldn't believe it back in the sixties when some Danes visited the Brigade, they were wearing Hair Nets ! Anybody else recall that ?
          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Wonder if that,s why Steve took a shine to Ena Bob?

Comment

Yes I think was the danish life guards

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
                Couldn't believe it back in the sixties when some Danes visited the Brigade, they were wearing Hair Nets ! Anybody else recall that ?
                Yes, and the Germans at one point!

Comment

Me.... I remember them. They were going nuts for Airborne Kit in B Block one night. 200 fags for a Red Beret. (Red not Maroon then) We tried to swap Jock Edwards number 2's for a thousand fags but he caught us....lol Them Bluff locks !!!!
                  Last edited by trubrit2411; 7 December 2018, 21:53.
                  "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                  Me

Comment

They had a union too!On exercise with them in Germany,late 70's,hair nets and all,they had to be transported home for the weekend,or it would cost the British govt treble pay for them!We,meanwhile,were provided with limitless beer to drink round the camp fires while we waited for them to come back!

Comment

Couldn't believe it back in the sixties when some Danes visited the Brigade, they were wearing Hair Nets! Anybody else recalls that?
                      he German paras when they visited they also wore hair nets and they had a union. and they did not like the ballon, more than a few would not jump the ballon
                      t
                      shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Remember the krauts had their NFI charts. They would tick off each day of their service.
                        I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Think most of them were national servicemen. don't know if they still have it now in Germany anybody know ?
                          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Both lots were high most of the time on Wacky backy and all!!

Comment

No wonder the Blody EU, wants us to remain if that's the case.
                              Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Exactly!We have the only decent army on this continent!

Comment

Working...
                                X