Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kids in the 60's

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
    Soho Rd at the end of the war was quite posh in certain areas. The roads off it even more so. Big mansion types where all the businessmen lived. Upstairs down stairs type houses....butlers...maids....all that stuff. Thats why the Indians and Pakis zeroed in on them. So they could split them into one bedroom sitters and stuff them with their bretheren four and five to a room. I worked on a few of the conversions but got mauled by them smart old Paki's. They had no honour. I got fooked everytime. I could write a book on their business tactics. They took a lot of honest, hard working young white kids for a lot of money in Brum... before we cottoned on. Twats. I hate the bastards to this day. I do not even return their phone calls.
    can't recall any butlers and maids but it was a big place. We left suddenly and moved to Eccelshall in a little shack on my grandparents land. It had been used as a storage place, there were holes in the walls and us three kids all shared one room for a while. Everyones gone now so I can't ask them how come we went from a fancy house to a dump. Still, when you are a kid you don't worry too much. I just thought it was great to be in the countryside with a bit of room to kick a ball around.
    I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Re: Kids in the 60's

Originally posted by stephenfrank View Post
      can't recall any butlers and maids but it was a big place. We left suddenly and moved to Eccelshall in a little shack on my grandparents land. It had been used as a storage place, there were holes in the walls and us three kids all shared one room for a while. Everyones gone now so I can't ask them how come we went from a fancy house to a dump. Still, when you are a kid you don't worry too much. I just thought it was great to be in the countryside with a bit of room to kick a ball around.
      I can tell you exactly why they moved from Soho Rd. Classical case of "White Flight". Get out fast as soon as the price of property begins to decline when the downward slide begins. The longer they hold on the more they lose. The last ones out..... Give the house away and have no equity to buy elsewhere. Those smart Indians and Paki business men....landlords, were experts at creating "White Flight".
      Buy a house on a great street and paint it fooked up colours. Then another one and grab every house that comes up for sale stuff it full of single men.
      They created a supreme buyers market. Watched it in West Brom on Beeches Road and surrounds. We went like lambs to the slaughter property wise. It was the beginning of the Kalergi Plan. We just did not know it. Its the reason I split.
      Last edited by trubrit2411; 25 August 2019, 03:09.
      "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
      Me

Comment

Working...
      X