came across this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• came across this

this may be kosher or not but i do know that a lot of villages in Scotland and elsewhere lost a lot of young men.did you know.jpg and when i see what is going on in the world right now what was it all for.
    shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Re: came across this

There wuz a prog on the gogglebox earlier this week Bill. Featured a small town near Inverness, out of 20 volunteers 13 killed, all serving with The Cameron Highlanders.
    A very apt description of this "Special" generation who gave all for King And Country. "The Glorious Dead".

Comment

its enuff to make you cry.
      "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
      Me

Comment

Went to a briefing called 'Missing in Action' in the run up to the 100th year since the slaughter ended, bloke reckoned that Lancashire provided more soldiers than any other COUNTY, and lost more soldiers killed than any other county, that does not detract from the Scots providing more than any other COUNTRY of course. it would be an absolute tragedy if at the end of this Brexit stuff (screwed up totally by Theresa May(be)) Great Britain starts to fragment back to our old warring factions. Not suggesting we would be at it again, but better all kicking the can down the road in the same direction, feel at times more Scots living in the north of England than in scotland.

Comment

The last bit is what gets me, WHAT WAS IT ALL FOR ? When you see whats running the Country and what the choices are with a vote in the General Election. That question speaks for itself ! Brings tears to your eyes thinking about the millions of poor souls lying known and unknown in foreign lands, who gave their lives for this !
          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Could'nt imagine losing Scotland. Fookin scary. They would invade us and pinch the top half of England.
            "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
            Me

Comment

Fukkin ell Tone! Worra thought, that big Jock WRAC that called mi er "Wee Beastie" might fukkin capture mi n fukk mi ta dee-ath!

Comment

my grandda
                Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                There wuz a prog on the gogglebox earlier this week Bill. Featured a small town near Inverness, out of 20 volunteers 13 killed, all serving with The Cameron Highlanders.
                A very apt description of this "Special" generation who gave all for King And Country. "The Glorious Dead".
                my grandad and granduncles regiment.
                shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

"The Ladies From Hell!"

Comment

Working...
                  X