Summers here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summers here.

First sunny day for a long time so I put my snake detector hat on and struck lucky. First one this year.

IMG_4493.jpg

Re: Summers here.

Nice one, Chris. Funny, i never saw a snake in the UK, but i was reading that there are more sightings nowadays.
    I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Beautiful Adder.... Funny you should post that Treeman. My labourer dug a baby rattler up yesterday. from behind a gas meter. He was digging with his hands too. There in the palm of his hand ....all coiled up tight. It was about a foot long and half inch thick. Perfect little Diamondback Rattler. I have a pic in me phone but I don't know how to load it. I let it go in some rocks. Off it went.
      "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
      Me

Comment

Winter is miserable when out on the bike so its great weather for getting out.

Comment

Originally posted by jackw102 View Post
          Winter is miserable when out on the bike so its great weather for getting out.
          Christ, I had to log off after 1 min 20 secs NACKERED
          Last edited by Don the Mod; 22 April 2018, 12:02.

Comment

Clocked a Grass Snake the other week Chris, but an Adder I reckon is quite a rare sighting up these parts. Marvelous wot tha can clock when out in the cuds. Used ta luv the owd cycling season Jack, get the Sheffield Marathon outa the way, allus fell on the hottest day o June, one year 80F at the 10am start line n the owd coorse wuz as hilly as fukk! Then get the trusty roo-ad iron out n hit the Peak District n South Yorkshire Pennine hills. Oh ta av a decent pair o knees agee-an!

Comment

No snakes over here,unfortunately,after my old namesake ran them out.(Except the ones in the big house on the hill at Stormont,of course!)Always been surprised that someone hasn't brought a few adders across and released them,give a few people a shock!

Comment

Quite a few one eyed Cobras tho Pat n I reckon thines bin workin overtime of late!

Comment

Originally posted by treeman View Post
                  First sunny day for a long time so I put my snake detector hat on and struck lucky. First one this year.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10411[/ATTACH]
                  Nice one Chris, their about mate. You just have to keep your eyes open. It's the only venomous snake in Britain I believe, but that may alter if the exotic pet Brigade allow there charges to escape. I heard about a case where some cretin had flushed a baby alligator down the bog, if they only realised that it could survive and grow on the food source in the sewer alone.
                  Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Tabbed over Dartmoor a couple of years back, astonished at number of snakes on side tracks!

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
                      Nice one Chris, their about mate. You just have to keep your eyes open. It's the only venomous snake in Britain I believe, but that may alter if the exotic pet Brigade allow there charges to escape. I heard about a case where some cretin had flushed a baby alligator down the bog, if they only realised that it could survive and grow on the food source in the sewer alone.
                      Huge problem in Florida Everglades now with Burmese Pythons. People let them go and they bred. Plus a Pet shop was wrecked in Hurricane Andrew couple of decades ago and a load got loose. They are wiping out the a ton of wildlife. Everything from Bobcats and small Alligators on down. Even rabbits cant breed fast enough to keep up with the rate of expansion apparently. They grab deer which means it only a matter of time before they wipe everything out and start woofing ...... us
                      Me

Comment

Pet shop in a small place weer we live n the owner az allsorts on display, Monitor Lizards, Pythons, joint iz like a fukkin Zoo! Got talking to im once n ee told me eee ad allsoorts at oo-am, even a fukkin Anaconda! Told me it,s a nasty bastard, not fukkin surprised! Ad ta laff once when the owd Lady across the street told me, "I,ve just been down Church Street and there,s a man with a Crocodile on a lead!" Turned out that the pet shop owner regularly took iz Monitor Lizard on a stroll up the main street!

Comment

Python killed its owner in Blighty not so long ago. In Andover I think. His mother heard him hit the deck and thought he was fookin about. He was fookin about alright. Fightin' for his life. Pity she did not go upstairs. She could have sawed it head off or summat.
                          Me

Comment

Saw a prog on the telly about those pythons in the Everglades,and how they have a competition each year for the hunters to try and wipe them out.
                            I had a pet croc in Belize '84,that I made a harness and lead for.Used to walk it through the Hat lines,and challenge them to bring out their Quosh,a sort of monster squirrel for a fight.They never took up the offer,but the squirrely thing ended up dead anyway,when Creepy Cremins stabbed it after bit him.There was a plaque in the cookhouse commemorating the previous one,'cruelly killed' by 2 Para!

Comment

Everybody az their interests n hobbies, but ta me it seems strange ta wanna av these creatures in thee gaff when they shud bi in their own natural envoirenment. A few years back in Shiny Sheff some geezer ad a pet Monitor Lizard kept in a tank up in the loft n one day eee came oo-am n found that owd Monty baby ad managed ta push the lid off n escape thru the skylight. Fukkin mass panic, Headlines o local press, keep thee bin lids n dogs n cats safe cos this fukker cud kill n eight em. Few days later some geezer found the poor fukker frozzen ta dee-ath in iz back garden.

Comment

Working...
                              X