One for Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One for Kit

Why were you coughing?TB?And why were you laying under his greatcoat with him?

Comment

Well it is my initials. No he was dying at the time. Coal dust. We kids did'nt know it though
      "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
      Me

Comment

Me owd Mans Dad kippered the same way Tone. Years down the threpenny bit coughed iz guts up ta dee-ath in iz mid 60s which we thought then wuz owd!

Comment

They went like flies between fifty and sixty when I was a kid Dave. Heart Attacks and COPD, which caused the HA's. Looks like this generation is knockin' a higher score eh ? Maybe we learned by their mistakes. I went on a Careers Convention trip to Jubilee Pit when I was fifteen. I though "Yes...you can stick this right up yer arse. Career for life ?.... I don't think so". Watching those hard case blokes disappear down into the bowels of the earth put me right off. Nice tea and cakes in the canteen though.
          Last edited by trubrit2411; 11 December 2017, 20:56.
          Me

Comment

What gripped my shit was that blokes who has worked in coal and stone dust for years and died from pneumonicosis always had 'pneumonia' as the cause of death, the c**ts took years to accept that it was dust that killed them, and many were long dead but their relatives got some compensation, and some of that was pissed up the side of pub walls by some of their waster relatives, aint no f***ing justice. Had compo been paid when it should it may have given the owd lads a bit of pleasure before they went. its a f***ing turd of a world

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
              "With a million stars all around".

That should be a good show Dave. I am going to drive out to the Mojave Desert and watch it with the Coyotes. Maybe I will get one of them "Peaceful Easy Feelings"

...Or get scoffed by a pack of Coyotes.
              take a pie wi ye if they appear feed them but remember to stay close to the car...not like when were getting chased wi the goose after stealing its egg from it's nest in the lake. when ye told dave t and me I thought I was going to wet myself
              Last edited by billy meikle; 12 December 2017, 01:09.
              shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Bill.... It was a big assed Swan....The Mike Tyson of the Swan world ...and at ten years old ... it fooked me up. Me mates was supposed to be feeding them at the other end of the lake while I did my SBS act. Dint work. All I could hear was "Swim just swim" !!!!!! He came water skiing down that lake, with his big yellow feet sticking out, wings outstretched, like an avenging Angel. lol Then he stood on me back with that snakey owd neck going in and out and I thought I had a jackhammer on head and neck. Bastard nearly killed me. Swan Pool in the Sandwell Valley 1959/60.
                Last edited by trubrit2411; 12 December 2017, 03:15.
                Me

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
                  What gripped my shit was that blokes who has worked in coal and stone dust for years and died from pneumonicosis always had 'pneumonia' as the cause of death, the c**ts took years to accept that it was dust that killed them, and many were long dead but their relatives got some compensation, and some of that was pissed up the side of pub walls by some of their waster relatives, aint no f***ing justice. Had compo been paid when it should it may have given the owd lads a bit of pleasure before they went. its a f***ing turd of a world
                  I don't remember any talk of compensation in our area Wig. It was just..... well do yer best and make him comfortable.... and that was it. Owd Doctor was out the door like it was the norm. Then the kids were kept out the room the last few days and the next time you saw them was in the hall in a coffin with all the neighbours filing past. That was it.
                  Last edited by trubrit2411; 12 December 2017, 03:17.
                  Me

Comment

Just classed as deed of owd age back then Tone, if tha med 70 tha were a lucky kunt. Like thee when I wuz 14 they took us down the threpenny bit on a recruiting drive ready fer when tha left skoyl, n allus remember this geezer at the coyl face dressed just in shorts, black as Frank Bruno wi pick in german band sweatin like a Paki in a soo-ap factory sayin ta mi, "When tha gets outa ere son, mek sure tha never fukkin comes back!" Took iz advice!

Comment

i see Trump wants to send man to the moon, now. I suppose no ones got the heart to tell him, it's already been done.
                      I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Wonder if eee cud arrange ta send all the useless twats down at Wankminster?

Comment

Back to meteors. I just spent midnight to 2 am in the back garden and saw......ONE. Lasted about a hundredth of a second. Then I read I am 24 hours early. Tomorrow night I try again. Same Bat Time. Same Bat Channel.
                          Me

Comment

No chance here... thick clouds... life sucks
                            HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Just stood in the garden for 2 minutes, seen nothing, so I'm off to bed.
                              I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

If I stood in our garden fer two hours ad bi frozen ta fukkin dee-ath bi now!

Comment

Working...
                                X