Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prose-The demise of 1 Para-Wiki History

Far as I know, no one is disputing it.
    I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
      Az thy ever thought why tha rubs people up the wrong way John Boy? Az thy allus bin like it? Or az tha recently bin unlucky in luv or summat? If so, remember, "Time Heals" and "Speed Kills!"
      off topic

clue

Comment

Originally posted by stephenfrank View Post
        Far as I know, no one is disputing it.
        why would anyone dispute 'it'

The first battalion took part in operations in Tunisia in late 1942 to May 1943, suffering heavy casualties. The battalion and the brigade took part in Operation Fustian, when the Allies invaded Sicily and, again, suffered heavy casualties and was withdrawn to England in late 1943 to train and prepare for the Allied invasion of France. The battalion wasn't used in the initial invasion on 6 June 1944, D-Day, but was held back in the UK in reserve in case any of the five invasion beaches encountered serious difficulties and needed support. The plan turned out not to be required. During the fighting in Normandy numerous plans to drop the 1st Airborne were formed, none of which came to fruition. Finally, in September 1944, the battalion dropped into Arnhem the Netherlands with the rest of the 1st Airborne Division, as part of Operation Market Garden, where they suffered extremely heavy casualties and never saw combat again for the rest of the war.

Comment

There's no gentle way to say this john. I think you may have serious mental issues.
          I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Now

Wot thaa torkin abaaht kunt! Nowt ta do wi our old man indeed! Blown up serving at the sharp end with em! Fukked im fer the rest of iz short life, no fukkin wonder eee wuz allus in a bad mood wi ignorant kunts like thee around. You rude ignorant TWAT!
            unfortunately-he must have survived to have produced
            a nervous prat like you

Comment

There's no gentle way to say this john. I think you may have serious mental issues.
              at my age i also have dental issues-don't be gentle

Comment

enjoy my mental issues

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by johnb View Post
                  unfortunately-he must have survived to have produced
                  a nervous prat like you
                  That,s an extra twatting thaz just earned!

Comment

Az thy ever thought why tha rubs people up the wrong way John Boy? Az thy allus bin like it? Or az tha recently bin unlucky in luv or summat? If so, remember, "Time Heals" and "Speed Kills!"
                    I'd sooner listen to this
                    and reminisce

Comment

As I served in 1 Para I was interested in this topic, sounds as though 1 Para went through a horrendous war. I am afraid this thread lost me halfway through. I am sure that much of this is accepted 'banter' but my dad was killed at Dunkirk and I would be more than pissed off if his name were brought in to any 'banter' on this or any other site, by anyone. To an outsider you lads sail a bit close to the 'family and personal' wind on occasion, but it seems to be acceptable to you guys. A local guy (William (Billy) Hall) got the MM with 1 Para in Tunisia I believe, he talked about it rarely but used to say that he lost all of the company that he initially served with. Wig

Comment

Believe you me Ron, this aint no banter with the miserable bastard John B who posts on ere. At first I tried to be civil by acknowledging his posts but soon learned from his comments that he is an extremely rude, argumentative twat who thinks that he knows more than anyone else. If he,s a mate of yours, I,m sorry but he is definitely a full weight kunt and had I met or if we ever meet in the future I will have the greatest of pleasure in asking him to repeat his comments face to face, and if he has the bollox to do so, will drop him pronto! No threat, a definite promise!

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
                          As I served in 1 Para I was interested in this topic, sounds as though 1 Para went through a horrendous war. I am afraid this thread lost me halfway through. I am sure that much of this is accepted 'banter' but my dad was killed at Dunkirk and I would be more than pissed off if his name were brought in to any 'banter' on this or any other site, by anyone. To an outsider you lads sail a bit close to the 'family and personal' wind on occasion, but it seems to be acceptable to you guys. A local guy (William (Billy) Hall) got the MM with 1 Para in Tunisia I believe, he talked about it rarely but used to say that he lost all of the company that he initially served with. Wig
                          Hi Wig- It seems to me that the paras were badly managed throughout ww2-certainly market garden was an unmitigated disaster-Monty only admitted to making a mistake- it was more than a mistake it was a catastrophe of the first magnitude- he knew perfectly well there were two divisions of panzer tanks in the area around Arnhem-about 800 in total.

Lightly armed paras have no chance against such a force-there was no need for the attack-
                          the war was well under control both sides of the encircled germans- I think he was just trying to show off to the americans- there was no need for a rush to berlin at such a cost-thank you for you polite comments-johnb

Comment

I think they,d fukkin dun enuff dunt thaa? I know me owd man wud think so after copping fer a boxhead mortar bomb in Tunisia 1943!
                            prove it-you must have the killed in action telegram-or cuttings from the newspaper

Meanwhile catch up on your hero-Montgomery

monty-gay?
                            @clik

Comment

That,s an extra twatting thaz just earned!
                              More on homo monty
                              clik

Comment

Read an interesting book on the Ardennes campaign,which told the tale of the infighting and politics between Monty and Eisenhower,and various generals on both sides,including Horrocks,of 30 Corps,and Patton.Monty,who wanted a much bigger share of the armies under their command,and ultimately to take supreme command from Ike,was universally hated by all the Yanks,and most of the Brits as well,but had Churchill behind him.

Comment

Working...
                                X