Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Prose-The demise of 1 Para-Wiki History

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Prose-The demise of 1 Para-Wiki History

The first battalion took part in operations in Tunisia in late 1942 to May 1943, suffering heavy casualties. The battalion and the brigade took part in Operation Fustian, when the Allies invaded Sicily and, again, suffered heavy casualties and was withdrawn to England in late 1943 to train and prepare for the Allied invasion of France. The battalion wasn't used in the initial invasion on 6 June 1944, D-Day, but was held back in the UK in reserve in case any of the five invasion beaches encountered serious difficulties and needed support. The plan turned out not to be required. During the fighting in Normandy numerous plans to drop the 1st Airborne were formed, none of which came to fruition. Finally, in September 1944, the battalion dropped into Arnhem the Netherlands with the rest of the 1st Airborne Division, as part of Operation Market Garden, where they suffered extremely heavy casualties and never saw combat again for the rest of the war.

2. Likes bob9739 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prose-The demise of 1 Para-Wiki History

I think they,d fukkin dun enuff dunt thaa? I know me owd man wud think so after copping fer a boxhead mortar bomb in Tunisia 1943!

Post Thanks / Like

I take it he didn't use his hurdy gurdy to find it like you then?

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Burgess View Post
    I think they,d fukkin dun enuff dunt thaa? I know me owd man wud think so after copping fer a boxhead mortar bomb in Tunisia 1943!
    could dad spell without swearing

the demise of 1 para is not about your dad

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Harley View Post
    I take it he didn't use his hurdy gurdy to find it like you then?

I cannot see what this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmML7bu-iM

and 1paras demise match up

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

yes that's part of the too many casualties 1 para took overall thus removed from active service

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    could dad spell without swearing

the demise of 1 para is not about your dad
    Now

Wot thaa torkin abaaht kunt! Nowt ta do wi our old man indeed! Blown up serving at the sharp end with em! Fukked im fer the rest of iz short life, no fukkin wonder eee wuz allus in a bad mood wi ignorant kunts like thee around. You rude ignorant TWAT!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Now

Wot thaa torkin abaaht kunt! Nowt ta do wi our old man indeed! Blown up serving at the sharp end with em! Fukked im fer the rest of iz short life, no fukkin wonder eee wuz allus in a bad mood wi ignorant kunts like thee around. You rude ignorant TWAT!
    no need to hold back Dave.
    I told myself that I should stop drinking, but I'm not about to listen to a drunk who talks to himself.

Post Thanks / Like

Sitting on the fence,while beating about the bush as usual!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Could be worse Pat, he could be bashing te bishop !
    Bob (geordie) Watts

Post Thanks / Like

Just imagine being in a battlecruiser and some kunt gobs off at thee like that kunt! S M A C K ! ! !

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Now

you are as thick as pig shit and twice as smelly-you weren't born when it happened twat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob9739 View Post
    Could be worse Pat, he could be bashing te bishop !

They say it dims your eyesight,but I'd put money on John's being the sight affected!

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The first battalion took part in operations in Tunisia in late 1942 to May 1943, suffering heavy casualties. The battalion and the brigade took part in Operation Fustian, when the Allies invaded Sicily and, again, suffered heavy casualties and was withdrawn to England in late 1943 to train and prepare for the Allied invasion of France. The battalion wasn't used in the initial invasion on 6 June 1944, D-Day, but was held back in the UK in reserve in case any of the five invasion beaches encountered serious difficulties and needed support. The plan turned out not to be required. During the fighting in Normandy numerous plans to drop the 1st Airborne were formed, none of which came to fruition. Finally, in September 1944, the battalion dropped into Arnhem the Netherlands with the rest of the 1st Airborne Division, as part of Operation Market Garden, where they suffered extremely heavy casualties and never saw combat again for the rest of the war.

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Now

Post Thanks / Like

RUDE IGNORANT BASTARD! SPEED KILLS!

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Now

prove it

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

off topic

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Harley View Post
    They say it dims your eyesight,but I'd put money on John's being the sight affected!
    off topic

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

prove it

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

prove it

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

speed kills.
    I told myself that I should stop drinking, but I'm not about to listen to a drunk who talks to himself.

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stephenfrank View Post
    speed kills.
    off topic

reminder

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

http://parareunionclub.freeforums.or...corner-f9.html

Post Thanks / Like

Az thy ever thought why tha rubs people up the wrong way John Boy? Az thy allus bin like it? Or az tha recently bin unlucky in luv or summat? If so, remember, "Time Heals" and "Speed Kills!"

27. Likes stephenfrank liked this post
    Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Az thy ever thought why tha rubs people up the wrong way John Boy? Az thy allus bin like it? Or az tha recently bin unlucky in luv or summat? If so, remember, "Time Heals" and "Speed Kills!"
    how would you know-

inside your skull is the only pure vacuum known to man- nothing
    just nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Flattery will get thee owt!

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't write it-wiki did-

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stephenfrank View Post
    speed kills.
    http://parareunionclub.freeforums.or...corner-f9.html

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...avy&gws_rd=ssl

Thread Information