An old Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An old Newbie

Greetings ex-warriors, been trying to access this site since Adam was a lad, success at last. MMG's 1 Para mid 50's to mid 60's (I still have the imprint of the tripod on my back). PJI at 16 Para from mid 60's to mid 80's, some 30 years with brigade in one form or another. Was on 1 Para Reunion Club site which was changed, so lost contact with many former contacts. May have met you on basic para course, HALO, LOLO, HELLO, Heavy drop, Supply drops, some airborne exercise or other etc. if the drop was good it was me, if drop was crap it was someone else. Veteran of the battle of the NAAFI club 56, and the Rat Pit skirmish (supported by 9 Sqn colleagues) 1957. Medals to prove it. Live long, live well!

Re: An old Newbie

That's a great intro so welcome, another who is somewhat confused by all the messages regarding the new 1 Para reunion club. ��
    Scotty Milne
    activeskydiving@gmail.com
    www.activeskydiving.co.uk

Comment

If you were confused by the 1 Para club,you'll be totally mindf.cked by this one!Welcome home!

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse

Comment

Welcome to the fun house, nobody can be older than old scoat can they !!

Comment

Welcome to the site. there are some strange blokes on here, but luckily that is balanced by having representatives from the mighty 9 Independent Para Sqn to bring, intelligence,sophistication, good looks, intellect and an appreciation of the arts.
            PS...if you go on the Poetry Thread and notice some weird bloke called johnb, don't tell him about the rest of the site, he hasn't noticed yet and we'd prefer to keep it that way.
            I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Welcome to the home of insanity
              Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

Welcome fellow 1 Para Comrade, cud do wi some moor on ere!

Comment

Welcome to the nuthouse most on this site are nutters but some like me are the sensible type take it all in good fun but many questions can answered cos this site is a mine of information if you want to have a dig at someone please do so cos they will certainly dig back

Comment

A great welcome to "Wig Shambley", well done mate, you eventually found your way home, is the big black Matron still cleaning your neather regions. I am looking forward to some banter, lets hear it. Andy

Comment

Welcome aboard mate,sometimes it can be a bit like the Rat Pit on here !
                      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
                        Welcome to the fun house, nobody can be older than old scoat can they !!

Scroat, the greedy fukker is having another birthday today.
                        "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

yes and tomorrow I am taking the family to a great restaurant for some posh nosh
                          and bollocks to the expense I will be shit faced tonight and on saturday

Comment

You only say 'Bollocks to the expense' because,as usual,it'll be at someone else's!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                              Welcome fellow 1 Para Comrade, cud do wi some moor on ere!
                              i am here dave...and welcome stand in the door...i am sure you have photos so get posting...and i also was a 1 para reunion club and have lost contact with a lot of lads. oh and watch out for the trifle eater,teller of tall tales and great faller of ladders from OZ never mind him being 9sqn and in general a good egg.
                              Last edited by billy meikle; 2 December 2016, 17:28.
                              shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Working...
                              X