Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have a liitle dick like me....

I bet one of these would really help with the pulling the birds

The redesigned Chevrolet Corvette C8 for 2020 has a new engine that is reportedly so powerful it's compromising the vehicle's structural integrity.
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Re: If you have a liitle dick like me....

Corvette Tone, don't think I could afford the running costs over here mate, rip off insurance and fuel prices rule it out. but don't stop you dreaming !
    Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

That Australian bloke,that was always f.ckin' about with dangerous animals thought a pic with a stingray would help him pull too! Big spiky stingy thing in the chest changed his mind! (Not sure if it was a Corvette Stingray or not!)

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
        Corvette Tone, don't think I could afford the running costs over here mate, rip off insurance and fuel prices rule it out. but don't stop you dreaming !
        Always wanted one mate but I just could never justify it. The insurance in 1995 was 2000 a year God knows what it is now. They drop off in price in the first three years so you don't fork out so much but still its a useless car really. The original fanny rats tool. No good for a family man with kids and you cant get much sand cement and brick in it lol. If you are sports car minded though and can sport a few quid, they have to be the best bang per quid out there. They call that fooker the Ferrari Killer
        Me

Comment

Always wanted the older type, but could never afford, so ended up with a Lotus elan S3
          Lotus (lots of trouble under service)
          Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
          A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
          Until it has destroyed itself from within
          W.Durant

Comment

Big money here now a Lotus in good nick John. TR3....4....and 6 as well, Up to forty grand in show condition

If you wanted I can track you down a California Corvette here and put it on a boat. Not one spot of rust on these Calif cars. You would need your own private petrol tanker following you though. Plus a Yank minded mechanic. Probably not worth it on second thoughts. There are some great deals here in Corvettes. Be a left hooker though
            Me

Comment

Just thought of that Tony, when the time of the walking dead ever comes about, looking for a tanker for fuel.
              Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
              A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
              Until it has destroyed itself from within
              W.Durant

Comment

Here you go John. A few local wheels...

Click on the picture...then click on the arrow at the side of the pic... all the pics from all the angles come up.

Last edited by trubrit2411; 15 March 2019, 18:37.
                Me

Comment

I really don't get it with sports cars or so called muscle cars. To me they're just metal (or fibre glass) boxes to get from 'a' to 'b'. I def don't get these fukkers that waste their lives washing and bulling them up, my pet hate.

I really don't get guys in their 50's like a few colleagues where I worked who got promoted into the serious wedge range. The three of them bought themselves little sports cars. I couldn't even get into one of them it was so low.

At the opposite end you get the boy racers. I remember two of the bragging about what they had, e.g. 1.2 ltr this, 1,6, ltr that. I pointed out I had a bigger bottle of milk in the fridge.

I'll stick with my good old 17yr old puggy estate, I would never buy a new car and I certainly couldn't justify it, only did 2702mls between the last two MOT's. My mate reckons he did about 600 of those.
                  "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Got mesen an 8 year owd Fiat Punto 60K on the clock, gets mi far away enuff ta hide from plod! What appened ta mi Audi? Cashed it in ta give mi eldest daughter a deposit on a gaff. Gud owd bank of Daddy!

Comment

Only profit i ever made on a car was my old 850E Ford Anglia (Razor Back), had it 5 years and got 50.00 Quid more than what I paid for it . Never happened since !
                      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Got 2 Land Rovers,both falling to bits,and a couple of bikes.Never had a car capable of doing 100 mph,and never had the desire.As you say Don,it's just a box on wheels to get from A-B,and could never understand the little sports cars,if you cant get 6 of yer mates in it to go on the piss,it aint worth having!

Comment

First car I owned was a Vauxhall Victor 101 in 1973 followed by a couple of Cortina mark 2's some Mini's then differant company cars,
                          Had a Mazda Bongo van for 3 years and have a Ford Bmax at present.
                          It's not the dog in the fight,it's the fight in the dog that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Don the Mod View Post
                            I really don't get it with sports cars or so called muscle cars. To me they're just metal (or fibre glass) boxes to get from 'a' to 'b'. I def don't get these fukkers that waste their lives washing and bulling them up, my pet hate.

I really don't get guys in their 50's like a few colleagues where I worked who got promoted into the serious wedge range. The three of them bought themselves little sports cars. I couldn't even get into one of them it was so low.

At the opposite end you get the boy racers. I remember two of the bragging about what they had, e.g. 1.2 ltr this, 1,6, ltr that. I pointed out I had a bigger bottle of milk in the fridge.

I'll stick with my good old 17yr old puggy estate, I would never buy a new car and I certainly couldn't justify it, only did 2702mls between the last two MOT's. My mate reckons he did about 600 of those.

A lot of people get it though Don. Some people its their hobby. Some its their business. Some its there very LIFE. I know a bloke here, met him once hes got a collection of 42 Ferrari's. People collect them. Trade them, make a living out of them. Join Car clubs. Swap ideas and info. They are into it big time. I just did a foundation on a blokes house and then his driveway, he is the President of the Corvette Club of America. Guy by the name of Mike Vietro. Also known as Corvette Mike. Took his passion for cars and ran with it.

The blokes that can walk in a dealership and make a cheque out for ninety to a hundred and ninety grand for a car, ain't struggling by any means....and don't care about money. Its no problem for them they just do it. I got a mate who pushes dirt for a living, he was taking in a couple of hundred grand a month out of bulldozers. He likes 4 wheel drive all terrain vehicles and is into Desert Racing. At his height him and his brothers/mates probably had half a million in a Desert racing set up. Google the Baja 500. Or the Baja 1000. Its big biz.

I just went with Mike Vietro about a year ago to view and appraise a Classic 1964 Corvette some body was going to put up for sale for a couple of hundred grand. They needed his expert advice. Turned out it was "only worth" a hundred and fifty. "Oh dear" said the bloke. "Maybe I will just keep it. Wait for an upswing in the market."

Now it ain't my cup of tea. I would never buy a new car. I am a bit of a shylock. I have to get a deal before I let the ackers go....but not everybody is like me. What makes no sense to us makes perfect sense to them. In fact it is their LIFE

The Baja 1000 stands alone in the racing world, as no event packs as much intrigue, drama, and unpredictability of the most prolific off-road race on the pla...
                            Last edited by trubrit2411; 17 March 2019, 17:52.
                            Me

Comment

Always had second hand motors, worst I bought was an Austin Allegro. Hydro elastic suspension. Absolute shite, big mistake buying that one, but you learn the hard way !
                              Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Working...
                              X