No announcement yet.

Chandler's Orlando Adventure 2010

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Chandler's Orlando Adventure 2010

Chandler's Orlando Adventure 2010

Chandler got his fit to fly after a few test as you know (which we did not expect) Shocked . We have been given a few different types of drugs to sedate so he is not hyper during the flight and to give us a rest during the 12 hour trip, which will have one stop for an hour before the final two hours to Orlando!

We have to test the drugs to see which one works best. The drugs do not taste very nice and you could imagine the fight we both had trying to hold him down and inject five table spoons of these drugs down his neck before bed time. Most ended up on me as he gargled it then spat it out, followed by a triumphant grin. However, the little git was not going to beat us, so we would inject a small amount then at the same time Debbie would hold his nose I would hold his hands above his head with one hand and tiggle his feet with the other, until he took a breath and swallowed.

Callum walked past and commented "Meningitis did not beat him do you really think that drug will knock him out" He was right, Chandler did not sleep until 2 AM. Banging the wall and laughing from 18,30! The other drugs were just as bad. So we will have to just have to reg it out. Passports sorted and it took ages to get Chandler to sit still.

As Chandler needs nappies still we have to pack 12 in each case making sure we keep within the individual luggage weight limits as well as personal kit to last the duration.
    If you want to travel to the US now you have to pay $14 for each person to get a visa waver. Where you are asked loads of questions, You don't get in the US otherwise. Under Chandlers application he was asked if his disabilities would cause a US citizen or their property any harm. The options did not say biting or sticking the nut on citizens, so I said no.

Our next hurdle will be getting Chandler and his wheelchair on the aircraft. We have to call the flight operators tomorrow to arrange it. We will be at LHR around 03.30 in the morning as the flight leaves 07.45.

Chandler was a awake through out the whole flight. Laughing and clapping with the occasional ragging of the seat in-front of him. Dinner on a plane with Chandler is an emotional experience . He does not like their sausages Smile

Day five and we are still playing hard. We were guest VIPs at the Florida Days Airborne convention. needless to say, they loved Chandler. even more so when the music started and he started dancing to the beat.
    I presented the BAFC plaque to the regional president of the Florida chapter , they loved it! The boys loved it as well when a very large chested lady came over to speak to us.
    The boys eyes were transfixed on her cleavage with mouths open, I think even chandler said mum ma Very Happy . As she said thank you for being here Troy was quick of the mark and replayed in a very happy tone "no..thank you" Laughing everyone on the table was in fits. Troy later got a dance with her and both are now facebook friends. He is not a slow worker my boy! Wink
    Chandler has discovered large weetos and wet and wiled water park. Since being here he not stopped laughing.
    Chandler had a great time swimming with the Dolphins. The only problem arose when we gave him a fish to give to the dolphin he in true Chandler style refused to hand it over and went on to try and eat it!
    It was a fantastic holiday for Chandler and the rest of the family a real adventure there lots more pictures on his facebook page
    Click image for larger version

Name:	chan1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	454320
    Not quite

Click image for larger version

Name:	chan2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	454321
    Even worse!