View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. THINKING STRANGE THOUGHTS...THE FAMILY TREE

Falling Out of the Family Tree

In1581, Sir Walter Raleigh the great British explorer, observed Queen Elizabeth the 1st walking towards him. He noticed that there was a small puddle of water in her way, he immediately took off his cloak and threw it over the puddle, thereby ensuring that the royal socks did not get wet. Now, this story tells us two things about Sir Walt ,firstly he was one of the biggest crawlers in history and secondly he was not the sharpest knife in the cutlery drawer, ...

Updated 19th December 2014 at 10:47 by stephenfrank

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Afghanistan War Art. Pete Elcock

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	4675https://www.facebook.com/AfghanistanWarArt

186 pages with over three hundred images taken at Kandahar Airbase(KAF). I started the project in May 2010 and for the next 30 months I was able to visit most of the NATO compounds and record the Art work completed by the troops and contractors.

This Book One is my first effort. It will be support various Military Charities that I have been involved with for the last few years.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	4674  
  3. THINKING STRANGE THOUGHTS....DIB,DIB,DIB

Thinking Strange Thoughts

When I was a young lad I joined the Cubs, this was in England but I’m sure you had them here as well. I loved it, we would wear a smart uniform and march around singing songs, it was very much like the Hitler Youth but we were not required to dob anybody in. Funnily enough years later I joined the army so I obviously like uniforms, being in the Cubs is very similar to being in the army except you rarely get shot at in the Cubs. ...

Updated 19th December 2014 at 10:49 by stephenfrank

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Poll, to help a sick ex Airborne Soldier

More than happy for help to be given,hope everything works out for him.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Rugby

Apart from watching the Australian No5 using foul play(ANIMAL) in the Lions game,any idea how England got on in the junior cup final V Wales?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast