View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. AN ELEPHANT NEVER FORGETS

Just found this story i did about 15 years back for a Short Story competition. They told me not to give up my day job

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	1778
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. THINKING STRANGE THOUGHTS......THE GREAT PENSIONER RIOTS OF 98

Thinking Strange Thoughts
    There was a lot written in the paper before xmas about the problems of ’schoolies week”, personally I don’t think their behaviour is too bad. My wife and I used to live in Pemberton and whilst Pemberton did not have a problem with ‘schoolies” it did have the dreaded “pensioners week”, and as someone who survived the “great pensioner riots of 98”, schoolies week seems fairly tame. I still have nightmares about that infamous occasion, but after some time has now passed, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. THINKING STRANGE THOUGHTS........WARNING, CHOKING HAZARD

I think it was Sir Robert Menzies who once said “My name is Sir Robert Menzies” but that’s not important now, I want to discuss the little warning signs that you get on children’s toys, you know the sort of thing, it might say “Choking Hazard” or “Not for under 3year old” or something similar, anyway I’ve always wondered why these warnings suddenly stop, it as if manufacturers assume that as soon as you get over a certain age you suddenly become sensible, well I can ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Nostalgic smells

I was taking the dog for a walk the other day and noticed how much time the take sniffing. Apparently they can tell who past that way how big they are and if they are on heat. I pondered that would be great if we could do that!

Then I recalled when we were in Palace barracks and they were redecorating the block (a grenade in a tin of paint) we were made to squeeze into one room. The only way to achieve this was to have the beds a bedside locker apart and the lockers at the bottom of ...
    Categories
    Stories
  5. THINKING STRANGE THOUGHTS......FOOTBALL HUMILIATION

A lot of people assume that I am a ex- Olympic athlete, but no, nothing could be further from the truth, infact when I was young I was hopeless at sports, I had no coordination and would often attempt to head the ball during cricket. But for me the worst thing at school was when we played soccer. The Sports Teacher would leave the choosing of the teams to his “blue eyed boys” Don and Roy, they were great at everything, the teachers all loved them, the girls loved ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast