Ron Duffy ex 3 Para

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Duffy ex 3 Para

Hi all, some very sad news, I've copied this off facebook, regarding the very sad loss of Ron Duffy ex 3 Para.

I am the secretary for the Morecambe branch of the PRA. I had the sad news today that one of our members"Ronnie Duffy" passed away at his home this week. Ronnie served in 3 Para and was a Falklands Veteran. Ronnie had been suffering with PTSD and was well on the mend so his sudden death has been a shock to us all. If you knew Ronnie I would be grateful if you could tell me a little about his service or if you would like to attend the funeral, which will probably be in a few weeks. His sister, who found him, thinks no one will turn up at his funeral, I am going to make sure that will not happen. If your branch is near us in Morecambe I would be overwhelmed if you and a few of your mates would turn up with as many standards as we can muster. I would like show his sister what Airborne brotherhood is all about.
    Contact me either on Facebook or by email:
    Peteneaves@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks
    Pete Neaves
    Secretary. Morecambe PRA

Last edited by Don the Mod; 7 April 2016, 13:14.
    Three Days in June:
    The definitive account of the Falklands war. http://phelmets.wixsite.com/mysite

Re: Ron Duffy ex 3 Para

What really sad news - I knew Ron as a really good man - the demon drink may have got a hold of him in more recent years but he gave it a run for its money! I am sure a bunch will turn up for the funeral - just not possible for me in OZ! Rest In Peace Old Friend - Save a wee dram for me in Valhalla
    I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

Gutted!Just got the news from Twa Heeds on the phone.Hope the details of his funeral are posted on here soon enough to get over for it.R.I.P Ronnie.

Comment

RIP Ron, one of the legends. Had a few memorable evenings in his company. Glad to have had the honour.
        Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
        Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Comment

R.I.P. Ron
          Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

R. I. P. Ron, rest easy, there's room for us all at the bar in Valhalla's Hall. We'll meet again. Andy

Comment

Hi Pat, I will post details as soon as I get them, I am sure it will be a fantastic turn out.PARA 1983 - Aldershot - Ron Duffy.jpg
              Three Days in June:

Comment

R.I.P. RONNIE.

Comment

sad news indeed ron started depot with us in 344 plt 1969.... he did not make it and went to his secondary regt the KOSB. i honestly do not know why he did not make through with us in 344. i met him again years later in palace bks he was with the KOSB and he gave me a KOSB belt buckle... he asked me did i see the elephant on the buckle.. i said no he laughed and said it was behind the gate...... a few years back dave tindal asked me did i know him of course a real character indeed..... i was glad he made it into 3 PARA. he got beasted in depot due to his 22 tattoo on his arm. he had a very strong scottish accent a the guys in depot used to ask me what he talking about... like my accent was so refined good old days. RON DUFFY a real character indeed .... rest in peace ron i often think of you
                  Last edited by billy meikle; 6 April 2016, 16:09.
                  shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

R.I.P. Ron.

Comment

R.I.P. Ron.

Comment

RIP ​Ron.

Comment

R.I.P Ron

Comment

RIP Ron
                            Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Tribute to Ron Duffy,
                              Three Days in June:

Comment

Working...
                              X