• Show
Clear All

• Baz Bardsley

RIP Stephen Baz Bardsley .

Re: Baz Bardsley

​R.I.P. BAZ.

Comment

Rest in Eternal Peace Baz, Airborne Brother, Thoughts and Prayers are with Family and Friends.............Bill

Comment

RIP Baz !
        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

R.I.P. Baz
          Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

Baz Bardsley MM, a true Airborne Warrior & friend.

Baz lost his wife Margaret to cancer at the end of last year, my thoughts are with his three daughters.

I fought with Baz at Goose Green and witnessed his bravery when he rescued a badly wounded Scouse Madge in open ground.

Ease springs Baz, top table centre chair in Valhalla tonight.
            "Whilst drinking from the well, never forget those that dug the well"

Comment

R.I.P.Baz

Comment

R.I.P. Baz.

Comment

I met Baz while doing TA junior Brecon. He was CSM at Dering Lines approx 1999

R.I.P.

Comment

Baz was a larger than life soldier, an inspiration to many.

RIP Baz
                    Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
                    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Comment

Denzil posted this on Faceboook.

Sorry to post this Eulogy about the untimely passing of yet another Brother in Arms.
                      I am sure that you will all agree, the pedigree of Baz as an Airborne Warrior was second to none. RIP Baz.

24511890 WOII
                      Stephen (Baz Bardsley MM BEM
                      THE PARACHUTE REGIMENT
                      4th JUNE 2014

We regret to inform you that Baz Bardsley (MM Goose Green) died suddenly yesterday. Funeral arrangements to follow.

EULOGY

In the early hours of 28th May, the 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment launched an attack to take enemy positions in the area of the Darwin and Goose Green settlements on the Island of East Falkland. Lance Corporal Bardsley was a Section Commander during the night advance on Goose Green.He led his men in a series of close quarter attacks on enemy positions. As the dawn came his men were pinned down by enemy fire. Unruffled, he organised an orderly withdrawal. In withdraw- ing one of his men was wounded; disregarding his own safety, Lance Corporal Bardsley returned to rescue him. Thereafter, he continued to lead his men with distinction in further actions through the day.Lance Corporal Bardsley showed impressive leadership and courage in action."British Empire Medal (LG 29th June, 1991) 24511890 Sergeant Stephen Alan BARDSLEY, The Parachute Regiment Recommendation :You were posted to the United States Army's 82nd airborne division in April 1990 where you had been employed as a rifle platoon Sgt on deployment to the Persian Gulf you demonstrated your powers of innovation by designing and organising realistic and effective field firing facilities that proved to be critical in achieving required standards of operational readiness in the battalion. During the operation phase of the fighting it was your display of initiative, the ability to inspire your men and a readiness to share and apply your experience from the Falklands war that contributed so greatly to the success of your unit missions and so, Colour Sergeant Bardsley, I am commanded by Her Majesty the Queen to present to you the medal of the order of the British Empire for meritorious service.United States Bronze Star Medal (LG 8th June, 1993) 24511890 Staff Sergeant Stephen Alan BARDSLEY, BEM, MM The Parachute RegimentFor exceptionally meritorious achievements in support in actions against a hostile force in the Persian Gulf from 17 January 1991 to 20th of March 1991 while assigned to Company C. Second Battalion 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 82nd Airborne Division. As the First Sergeant and Infantry Platoon Sergeant, Colour Sergeant Bardsley's performance in combat operations was a key factor that enabled the 82nd Airborne Division in conjunction with coalition forces to implement United Nations Security Council resolutions, end Iraqi aggression and free the country of Kuwait. His devotion in duty, aggressiveness and ability to excel while under great pressure contributed significantly to the successful accomplishment of the mission. Colour Sergeant Bardsley demonstrated the high ideals and professionalism exemplified by the airborne tradition. His outstanding performance in support of the combat mission reflect distinct credit upon himself, the 82nd Airborne Division and the United States Army Colour Sergeant Stephen (Baz) Alan Bardsley a Mancunian joined the Parachute Regiment in 1979. After training and gaining the coverted Red Beret he was posted to Northern Ireland in January 1980 serving at Ballykinler. In 1982 with the Battalion he embarked to the South Atlantic, serving in B Company under the command of Major John Crossland MC and 2 Para OC Colonel H Jones VC. On the journey south then Lance Corporal Bardsley had a disagreement with a fellow Para resulting in a fight, the two men would once again be involved in another scrap, but this time on the field of Goose Green, against the overwhelming Argentine forces. Bardsley saw his fellow bruiser go down hit by a 50 Calibre round, without hesitation he went in and pulled him out. This is the man mentioned in the MM citation. Following the Falklands war he rose through the ranks and now with the rank of Colour Sergeant in 1990 he was selected for an exchange with the US Army and was posted to Fort Bragg, attached to the 82nd US Airborne Division, He some gained the respect of his US counterparts and was acting as a Platoon Sergeant with the 2/505th Recon Platoon, when orders came through for deployment of the Platoon to the Gulf, without hesitation he hopped on the transport plane and was deployed with his Recon unit. For his combat operational service he was awarded the US Bronze Star. and the British Army recognised his dedicated efforts with the award of the British Empire Medal as described in the recommendation. Returning from the Gulf he remained with the 82nd until April 1992 when he returned to the Regiment and took up the duties of CQMS Headquarters Company. After further postings, he left the regiment in 2001.

24511890 Colour Sergeant Stephen (Baz) Alan Bardsley THE PARACHUTE REGIMENT 4th JUNE 2014 We regret to inform you that Baz Bardsley (MM Goose Green) died suddenly yesterday. Funeral arrangements to follow.

bazbeazley.jpg
                      Last edited by Don the Mod; 12 June 2014, 11:10.
                      "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Rest in peace brave man
                        Ad Unum Omnes
                        webmaster@thebritishairborneforcesclub.co.uk
                        ericthered@cv6.co.uk
                        ex C Coy 1 Para
                        Private what are doing here? reply: everyone has to be somewhere! (the late great Spike Milliigan)

Comment

RIP that man Baz. A man of uncommon valour
                          "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                          Me

Comment

R.I.P. Baz. A brave man and airborne warrior.

Comment

Rest In Peace Baz - a true warrior, a pleasure to know and serve alongside - gone too soon - thoughts and prayers with your girls.
                              I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

Working...
                              X