Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone remember being given these instructions ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone remember being given these instructions ???

"You are about to carry out a parachute decent. you are to jump when the green light is displayed if the green light fails to display, you are to jump on the orders of the LM /PJI failure to do so constitutes DISOBEYING A DIRECT ORDER and disciplinary action WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU"!

Attached Files
    Remember...that Prosperity...can only be for the free...and that freedom...is the sure possession..of those alone...who have the Courage to defend it.

Re: Anyone remember being given these instructions ???

I seem to remember "It is my duty to warn you that the green light constitutes an order to jump, anyone failing to do so will be court martialled" Or was that just the Oz army?
    Last edited by Aussie Nick; 12 May 2013, 08:05.
    There is always someone watching

Comment

Like Nick said - If you didn't jump,you would be Court Martialled,I heard that in Barracks from a bunch of other guys.I don't have any memory of being given a direct order about jumping...

Comment

The Stick Commander, gave the orders, prior to emplaning. "Stick Shun, It is my duty to warn you that the green light constitutes an order to jump, anyone failing to do so will be Court Martialled." Stick right/left turn. Emplane. If the green light wasnt working then the dispatcher gave the order "Go" . The charge would read failing to obey an indirect order and being in receipt of Para Pay under false pretences, backdated to the last Jump date.
        I remember one lad we had fell for a girl up North and wanted to transfer to the Lancashire Fusiliers, they wouldn't let him transfer so he refused a jump. Court Martial gave him 84 days detention, thrown out of the Parachute Regiment, to, you guessed it the Lancashire Fusiliers.

Comment

I seem to remember it said once most of the time we lined up at the truck collected the chute and then waited for the aircraft to arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Nick View Post
            I seem to remember "It is my duty to warn you that the green light constitutes an order to jump, anyone failing to do so will be court martialled" Or was that just the Oz army?
            Correct Nick not just Oz, said it myself many a time when lining up the stick after fitting Chutes.Happy days.
            God made Para's to give Marines someone to look up to and worship.

Comment

Remember hearing it at Abingdon, at the wings parade, but rarely after that.
              "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Regarding the Beverley, did anyone ever refuse on the ladder?
                Prosper Keating
                ex-10 Para (4 Coy & Sigs Pln)
                1982 - 1993

Comment

Not to my knowledge Prosper, but it was a bloody long way up carrying a container.

Comment

Hey Nick ,it was OK for you long legged buggers,but us shorties struggled
                    Originally posted by Aussie Nick View Post
                    Not to my knowledge Prosper, but it was a bloody long way up carrying a container.

Comment

But you had a strong back and legs, Jim !

Comment

Yes I remember that. The respect of my comrades was more important to me than than this.
                        Ar Dhia, Alba is ar Banrigh!

Comment

Been having a think about all of this & I remember being given the warning that it would involve a court martial to refuse to jump before before every aircraft decent I did (green light warning) but cannot remember being told of something similar for balloon or helicopter jumps (before you say it I know there was no lights in the balloons etc) ami having selective memory loss here or am I right?
                          "Whilst drinking from the well, never forget those that dug the well"

Comment

Yes I'm subject to memory lapses these days as well Smokey, but I can honestly say I don't recall it ever being mentioned officially . But I have heard it bandied about within our own circles, and I never knew anybody who actually fell foul of the directive either.
                            Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Think we had it maybe at Abingdon. I know Pete must have had it at Ringway. Or Tatton Park
                              "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                              Me

Comment

Working...
                              X