• another 9 sqdrn photos for the independents

and a fine bunch of hooligans they are too9_Sqn_2.jpg9_sqn_1_870.jpg
    shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Re: another 9 sqdrn photos for the independents

Before my time Billy but as you say "a fine bunch of hooligans"

Comment

But we've built the same 'double single Baileys' Tony
      "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

TA weekend
        9 Independent Parachute Squadron Royal Engineers ....sounds good to me

Comment

Originally posted by Don the Mod View Post
          But we've built the same 'double single Baileys' Tony
          Ohhhhhhhh yes "hands on"

Comment

Originally posted by madhouse View Post
            TA weekend
            No John, 24 Fld (Demonsration) Sqn. used to build Bailey's and MGB's and take them down 2 or 3 times a day for all the foreign ruperts going through RSME. We built one in the Sqn too if you remember. It was in Finaghy Park Belfast for all the bands on the 12th July.
            Last edited by Don the Mod; 29 April 2012, 15:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Don the Mod View Post
              No John, 24 Fld (Demonsration) Sqn. used to build Bailey's and MGB's and take them down 2 or 3 times a day for all the foreign ruperts going through RSME. We built one in the Sqn too if you remember. It was in Finaghy Park Belfast for all the bands on the 12th July.
              Correct Don , 24 Fd Sqn was the demo Sqn based at Chattenden , however they we're never issued with maroon berets. My comment was the picture is not showing 9 Sqn personnel but rather TA or 131 as it was in those days.

Comment

Ah Roger that mate, didn't know the older pic was a TA Sqn. Googled Chattenden, the big demo area looks like it's all Barratt Houses. Lodge Road comes up as Lodge Path.

P.S. Will you remind me of the name of the Chief Clerk in my avatar please John?

Comment

You mean the guy on the outboard looking at your wee tight neoprene arse John Aldridge

Comment

Saw Lofty Aldridge about four years ago, never changed a bit mate, still looks the same. Still does a lot of free fall !
                    Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Cheers John. Bob i last saw him at Para 90 along with Lt Lamb, hadn't changed from that pic 16yrs previously, i think he was a Capt then.

Comment

Yes that's right Don, there was quite a few went on to get commissioned, mind there are some who did very well by reaching half colonel. I think Pete Ellis and Ifor Anthony both achieved that goal !
                        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Bob, Pete was a Capt in 90, Pat Neal i believe made Capt too, and you can add Pete Kershaw and Bob McConachie to the Lt Col list.
                          Last edited by Don the Mod; 9 May 2012, 17:35. Reason: .

Comment

Don't forget Tony Hewson who also made Lt Col.On the way NI_edited-1.jpg

Comment

Tony i didn't mention Tony because i knew Bob wouldn't have known Tony, Tony, but you're correct Tony. Bob, Tony's on the left in Tony's pic and the other Tony's in the middle, i'm on the right. Hope that's clear.
                              Last edited by Don the Mod; 9 May 2012, 20:45. Reason: .

Comment

Working...
                              X