Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks chilly lads.....

http://news.yahoo.com/britain-blanketed-snow-satellite-image-201731484.htm

Last edited by trubrit2411; 30 January 2013, 15:09.
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Re: Looks chilly lads.....

I tried to post the big picture but you have to click on that small one. For anybody thats interested in snow

Wonder what causes the little clear patches in the middle of the country. Like on the west side of Arran.

The West country is kept clear by the Gulf Stream ?

Am I bored ?
    Last edited by trubrit2411; 30 January 2013, 15:15.
    Me

Comment

Was freezing yer bollox off last week Tone,but tropical since Sunday,a sultry 8 degrees.Think I,ll go and scrape the rust off me sun lounger!

Comment

35 Deg in Perth today, 38 tomorrow!
        There is always someone watching

Comment

Do you Ausie lads take advantage of all that sun Nick? Or do you avoid it,as the "experts" advise.Me,I just luv the Sun God,and what limited chance we have in this country,I make the most of it.Not just laying in it like a slob,but out in the cuds,just a pair of shorts and me dessies,either tabbing with me doggy or playing with me hurdy gurdy,soaking up all the sun and fresh air that I can.Wanted to make a career of being a beach boy but somehow the "trouble" was,nt keen on the idea!

Comment

First 20 years i couldn't get enough of it Dave, out all day in it, down the beach every weekend. Hard to believe but it does get a bit wearing eventually though, especially when it stays hot all night, also paying for it now with skin damage, still all in all i prefer it to freezin my bollox off .
            I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

I've always liked the cold more than the hot,on the basis that if you're cold you can put something on to warm up,and take it off again if you get too warm.When it's hot,even if you're stark bollocko,there's nothing you can do about it,unless there's water nearby.Rarely had a tan in my life except for the army issue one with the v neck and elbows downwards effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
                I've always liked the cold more than the hot,on the basis that if you're cold you can put something on to warm up,and take it off again if you get too warm.When it's hot,even if you're stark bollocko,there's nothing you can do about it,unless there's water nearby.Rarely had a tan in my life except for the army issue one with the v neck and elbows downwards effect.
                Bloody hell a first! I am agreeing with Pat!
                Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
                Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Comment

Love the heat Pat,don,t hardly have to wear f.ck all,saving a fortune on clobber and brilliant drinking weather.Added bonus is all the tash unleashing all that naked flesh to oggle!
                  Hear what you say about skin damage Steve,but my main concern has always been f.ckin brain damage!

Comment

too late Dave, the damage is already long done
                    Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

I am with Steve on the subject of sun. Its relentless. Somedays I feel Like Ralph Richardson when he goes blind in "The Four Feathers." Frying me bollocks off. No Fuzzy Wuzzies though.

Actually that's not true. I seen one driving a taxi.
                      Me

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                        Do you Ausie lads take advantage of all that sun Nick? Or do you avoid it,as the "experts" advise.Me,I just luv the Sun God,and what limited chance we have in this country,I make the most of it.Not just laying in it like a slob,but out in the cuds,just a pair of shorts and me dessies,either tabbing with me doggy or playing with me hurdy gurdy,soaking up all the sun and fresh air that I can.Wanted to make a career of being a beach boy but somehow the "trouble" was,nt keen on the idea!
                        I believe in the Oz ads. Of slip,slop,slap. wear a hat (Not a crap one) use sun cream, Mozzie repelent at dusk. Swanbourne is a nudist beach and filled with eye candy. The barracks are just over the sand dunes.
                        There is always someone watching

Comment

I can understand lads when its blasting down all the time,particularly when you have to graft in it,really does knock seven kinds a shit outa ya.Aden 67 a case in point,where the f.ckin smell was just as intense.But as you know,over here in Englands green and pleasant land,getting a good ration of the big red ball is like you,ve been without the legover for an eternity,so can,t get enough when the chance comes around!

Comment

The problem over here is we get so little of it we can't become acclimatised to it, so it fukks us. When i was a runner i hated training in it, i had to a lot of the time but when i could i'd run at 4 or 5 in the morning.
                            "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Know what you mean Don,me and the lads from the gym used to do the Sheffield Marathon every year to raise money for the cancer hospital.Up until the early 90s they used to hold it in the middle of June and you could always bet on it being a red hot day.The course was as hilly as f.ck,so you never got the top athletes entering because of the slow times for THEM!
                              It used to kick off at the side of Wednesdays ground at 10am,and remember one year about five too,some geezer coming out of one of the houses on the road and saying,"its already 80 degrees",a real moral booster!
                              Best thing I saw was the year of the world student games when they made the marathon the event for the competing athletes,f.ckin boiling and yer feet were sticking to the tarmac.The Kenyan athletes ran the f.cker in bear feet!
                              Knees f.cked now,so no more marathons!

Comment

Working...
                              X