Stephen "Hank" Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen "Hank" Hood

Extremely sad to hear from Steve Hughes that it appears Hank committed suicide this morning. I got the news from steve who said he had talked with wang so believe it is sadly legit.

Hank was a fantastic brother, extremely energetic in everything airborne, I had the honor of serving with him in 2 Para and the Regimental aid Post and took his position as P coy Medic when he returned to battalion - we both ended up working in the oilfield, I had some hand in helping him get initial interviews, but in his own way Hank forged ahead and made a great name for himself in the industry.

Too gutted to give too many stories now but I am sure thare are so many of us out there that were touched by him and are so much the better for that interaction.

I hope he is at peace now and that Carol and the Kids get all the support they are going to need to get over this tragic end to a wonderful life. Thoughts and prayers to them.
    I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Re: Stephen "Hank" Hood

This thread has been moved from the final RV because of the sensitivity in relation to those from his family who may not know yet. It is a secure environment in here please do not post it elsewhere or using any other medium including Facebook
    Ad Unum Omnes
    webmaster@thebritishairborneforcesclub.co.uk
    ericthered@cv6.co.uk
    ex C Coy 1 Para
    Private what are doing here? reply: everyone has to be somewhere! (the late great Spike Milliigan)

Comment

Well said Eric!

Classified ........."Airborne Eyes Only"
      sigpicLast one dead's a cissy!

315/316 Pl, 3 Para, Depot Para, 15 Para

tel; 0797 937 8438

Grammar:
      The difference between knowing your shit
      and knowing you're shit.

Comment

I had been asked to make sure this sad news was not put on the site at about 1700hrs tonight because a sister of Hanks could not be contacted with the awful news, sadly she was to find out by the way of a well meaning sympathetic post on Facebook at around the same time.

I dont know what was troubling Hank & he is at peace now whatever it was, little Bish, Brummy Robinson & his wife Bridgette are currently with Hanks wife Carol & their family, they set off straight away today to give support to them all.

As soon as I get the ok that all family members have been told we can then place our respects to Hank in the FRV room.

Ease springs Hank & forever Rest In Peace.
        "Whilst drinking from the well, never forget those that dug the well"

Comment

Thanks Smokey - RIP Hank
          It's not the love in your life - it's the life in your love

Comment

Sad news RIP Hank
            Politics is war without blood ..... War is politics with blood

Comment

Ok I have just been on FACEBOOK & there is a post on there from a member of Hanks family so I'm sure it's safe to assume that we can now pay our respects to Hank on the public FRV ROOM.

Comment

R.I.P. Hank

Comment

RIP brother Hank

Comment

Sincere appologies to all if I posted this in the wrong place at the wrong time! I was travelling when I heard the news and used my phone to post on what I thought was the secure area not the FRV - sounds like a close call by me in really messing up - sorry again - just sad to hear the news and Steve Hughes said he had only been able to reach a few people on e-mail. Glad Carol and family are getting some support
                    I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

R.I.P. Hank. I had the honour of serving with you in B coy 2 Para. You will be missed.
                      A Gentelman and an Airborne Warrior.

Comment

No worries at all Kevin, the circumstances have highlighted a gap in our SOP's for those EX members of the Airborne circle that pass away, we have a tight SOP for the current Airborne Warriors serving that are KIA in Afghanistan etc & that is that we NEVER post the name until it is posted on the MOD website & only myself or one of the committee only will post the name, unfortunately with the likes of FB & the speed of the internet it is very hard to keep a tight grip on it all.

I had been in meetings most of the afternoon & had heaps of missed calls about Hank, it was getting near 1700hrs when I was able to ring back & be given the news about Hank & the need to make safe electronicly until the sister was told.

Comment

R.I.P. Hank always an Airborne Warrior.

Comment

R.I.P Hank
                            HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Rest in peace Hank.

Comment

Working...