Re: Farewell to The Joker

RIP Pete.

Comment

RIP ​Pete.

Comment

Rest In Peace Pete
          I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

R.I.P Pete.

Comment

R.I.P. Pete
              Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

RIP Brother
                I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

R.I.P. Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by treeman View Post
                    RIP Pete Scholey. 2 Para and 22 SAS.
                    Read his book, The Joker, Chris. He tells a few stories in it that I heard from Dick Tubman, who is mentioned in the book. There's the one about the boatload of Indonesians coming down in a river patrol, into the killing area and someone (Lofty Wiseman?) saying...open fire...what are you waiting for...the f******g Queen Mary! And the one about some dignitaries daughter in Malays(?) getting the contents (sand) of the fire bucket tipped over her head.
                    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

R.i.p. Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Don the Mod View Post
                        Read his book, The Joker, Chris. He tells a few stories in it that I heard from Dick Tubman, who is mentioned in the book. There's the one about the boatload of Indonesians coming down in a river patrol, into the killing area and someone (Lofty Wiseman?) saying...open fire...what are you waiting for...the f******g Queen Mary! And the one about some dignitaries daughter in Malays(?) getting the contents (sand) of the fire bucket tipped over her head.
                        Don; it was Lofty Large; (RIP). The incident was in Borneo. Pete really was a bit of a Joker but typically Airborne. Looked after the new lads, me included. He took a potshot at me one time with a 9mm Browning; didn't bother me one bit. Blanks don't hurt you, do they? Pete wrote a book and got barred from reunions in the Camp, because of it. Someday, someone may write a book about Pete; now that would make good reading.

Comment

R.I.P. Pete...

Comment

RIP Pete
                            "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                            Me

Comment

Originally posted by treeman View Post
                              Don; it was Lofty Large; (RIP). The incident was in Borneo. Pete really was a bit of a Joker but typically Airborne. Looked after the new lads, me included. He took a potshot at me one time with a 9mm Browning; didn't bother me one bit. Blanks don't hurt you, do they? Pete wrote a book and got barred from reunions in the Camp, because of it. Someday, someone may write a book about Pete; now that would make good reading.
                              Roger mate, it was someone on fudbook that suggested LW.
                              "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Working...
                              X