Capt (retd) JC Meredith MBE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt (retd) JC Meredith MBE.

Just to let everyone know that my father in law Capt (retd) JC Meredith MBE, passed away on thur 6th of oct. taff will now add a bit about him.
    cliff meredith was born on the 13 june 1922, at the age of 16 he enlisted in the RWF telling the powers that be that he as 18, he went to france with the BEF and come out through Dunkirk, he was 17. in 1941 he vol for special duties and as he told me they were sorted by size and sent to the left or right , he went to the right and went to the new airborne forces, did his jumps at Ringway then to the 1st Bn, being RWF he was claimed by the 6th Bn and surved through out the war with them, seeing action in N Africa, Italy, south of france, back to Italy, Greece, back to Italy, post war, he saw service in Palastine, cyprus, the Canal zone.
    in 1953 he return to the RWF when on there way to Korea they were diverted to Malaya where he spent the next 4 years fighting the CT in the jungle, there he was awarded an operational MBE for action against the CT. having mounted an ambush in the dark keeping it in place while the area was under observation by the enemy for 24 hrs. the ambush was a success and all the enemy killed. airborne.

Hi Nigel, just the flash as we have the rwf, Brit legion and para reg assoc already sorted, if you know of anyone who wishes to attend can you get then to get in touch with me on 07850273489. The funeral is on Friday 14th at 1300hrs at our ladies and st James church. Near morrisons. Thanks for your help mate cheers John.

Re: Capt (retd) JC Meredith MBE.

R.I.P. JC.

Comment

rest in peace JC you did yer bit for sure
      shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

R.I.P. Sir.

Comment

RIP Cliff, Interesting read that Taff, sad day mate !
          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

It's John Meredith's father, John 2 Para. Bob.

Comment

R.I.P. JC
              Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

Rest IN Peace JC
                I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

RIP
                  2 Para Pal,6 plt B.Coy. Sounds good to me.

Comment

R.I.P. JC.
                    "Whilst drinking from the well, never forget those that dug the well"

Comment

Ease Springs Sir, Rest In Eternal Peace and Tranquillity, Valhalla awaits you.
                      Remember...that Prosperity...can only be for the free...and that freedom...is the sure possession..of those alone...who have the Courage to defend it.

Comment

Working...
                      X